Thursday, May 27, 2010

Student Blog | Chelsea Kovach


This past week has been nice.  I was able to go shopping with my best friend who lived in the residence hall room next to me and was able to meet another great friend for dinner in Virginia Beach, VA.  I sure can’t wait to get back to Chowan to see everyone again.  Of course, I also miss the movie nights in Squirrel Park and all the fun activities held in the Hawks Nest.

It's hard to believe that the first week of my summer is about over.  The softball team went undefeated this year in the CIAA Conference!  As conference champions we automatically got a bid to the NCAA Division II Regional Tournament in Bloomsburg, PA.  It was an awesome trip even though we lost the first two games.  But, we were the first CIAA team to score runs in the tournament.  This has been an awesome season and I sure have made some great friends!

Right now I'm in Asheville, NC for a Ministry Internship Training along with other ministry interns across the eastern part of the U.S.  I'm so excited to start my ministry placement with the youth in Moyock, NC.  We have a lot of awesome plans but I know that August will soon be here.

Although it was tough seeing everyone leave on move out day, it'll be great to see everyone move back in during August.  I can't wait to see my Chowan friends and to make some new ones.

See you in August!

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment